Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Update on the computer

I have purchased a few new items for my rig.

-NZXT Tempest 410 Elite
-a few assorted fans
-i5-2500 + DH67BL motherboard combo (I know, i5 was just the best option for me financially)
-XFX RADEON HD 6770 (if there is a better choice for similar money, let me know)
-Corsair Vengence Dual Channel DDR3 RAM (4 x 4gb = 16gb)
-Raidmax Hybrid 630W PSU

I'm just carrying over my HDD, but I will be getting an SSD for a boot partition in the near future.

What do you all think?

16 comments:

  1. pretty good! better than mine :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long story short, I will approve it *thumbs up*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice specs. I need to get an upgrade on my computer too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What about a CPU fan? I don't imagine that the stock fans will be enough (then again, I haven't build a computer in a few years, though that will change in a few months).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks nice. I'm waiting to make my upgrade (Still on a q6600, 8800GT, 4 gigs of RAM) until intel and nVidia release the next major wave of stuff

    ReplyDelete
  6. How much does all that come out to? And where do you do your shopping for hardware parts? Newegg?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought the RAM, PSU, and case on Amazon. The video card and cold cathode lights I got on Newegg. The motherboard I got from an inside person with Intel :)

      Delete
  7. you can never get enough upgrades.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dayum sounds pretty good, I just need a new processor my computer can't handle BF3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always like nVidia more, but that's not really a reason

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went with nVidia because they seem to be a more together company that AMD, and their cards seem to have more features.

      Delete
  10. Sounds like it is going to be a real pimpin computer :)

    ReplyDelete